Joining Forces


If 75% of mergers fail, what makes the other 25% succeed?

An experienced merger manager says it all.  “An organization can burn down and be rebuilt. If you run out of money, you might be able to borrow more. But if you lose people, you’re dead.” In “Joining Forces” authors Mitchell Lee Marks and Phil Mirvis outline the importance of corporate culture in M&A transactions. An area long overlooked, cultural aspects of mergers determine success or failure of the outcome.  In the past twenty years, the statistics on failures of mergers and acquisitions remain a dismal 75% – a giant F on the scorecard.  Why so many organizations refuse to consider the importance of culture is reason for the many failures on record.  It’s time to wake up!  If cultural due diligence is not on the agenda, your venture is at risk. The economy in North America is still shaky and mistakes need to be avoided.  This book will provide an excellent toolkit to ensure your venture keeps in the 25% of success stories.

Joining Forces: Making One Plus One Equal Three in Mergers, Acquisitions, and Alliances

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s